6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 8:39 AM by BruceRobertson

Filter portal question

ultranix

I have a list of properties in a portal, sorted by price, and I need to use that order when creating a brochure.

In brochure layout, instead of a list, I am using 3 columns by 4 rows style, left-to-right, so stucture looks like this:

1-2-3

4-5-6

7-8-9

10-11-12

I start with having 1 row portal with filter conditions (so 12 portals in total in the layout).

I just don't know how to determine that where there should be 1st item, it shows 1st item from the portal list, where should be 2nd item, it shows 2nd item from the portal list.

• 1. Re: Filter portal question
          beverly

What is your current portal filter and are the related records sorted at the RG or in the portal setup?

If you place the data as single row portals (12) and use the setup to start each with corresponding row.

Are you also needing to slide up (remove empty) while printing?

And perhaps 3-column list view with other data in header, footer, leading and trailing summaries from the perspective of the portal items.

So many ways...

Sent from miPhone

• 2. Re: Filter portal question
            ultranix

beverly wrote:

What is your current portal filter and are the related records sorted at the RG or in the portal setup?

If you place the data as single row portals (12) and use the setup to start each with corresponding row.

Are you also needing to slide up (remove empty) while printing?

And perhaps 3-column list view with other data in header, footer, leading and trailing summaries from the perspective of the portal items.

So many ways...

Sent from miPhone

Records are sorted in the portal setup.

No need for slide up, as there will always be enough records (I have more than I need, so I will only display Top 12)

I would prefer Form View.

• 3. Re: Filter portal question
              BillisSaved

Good morning ultranix,

I hope your day is going well. Beverly has already offered a suggestion, and I'm sure could provide many more. Another one you might consider is the Virtual List technique, which could provide the results you need to populate your portals. Have a great day!

God bless,

Bill

• 4. Re: Filter portal question
                beverly

12 individual portals of one row each will work. if you have the sort correct a copy of the first portal (12 x) will get you the desired effect, just change the starting record number in the dialog for each one.

beverly

• 5. Re: Filter portal question
                  ultranix

Starting portal row number was the trick, thank you!

• 6. Re: Filter portal question
                    BruceRobertson

As mentioned by Beverly.

(also note that virtual lists will accomplish nothing here)

column 2.png

column 3.png

twelve portals.png