3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 5:55 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Server service not starting on startup

it@fingerprint.uk.com

Hi there,

I have a problem with the Filemaker Server 15 service not fully starting up on server reboot. I had the problem on FMS 14 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and now the problem is the same on FMS 15 on Windows Server 2016 - fresh install. The only thing that is restored is the databases. I have to manually start the database service from the web admin console most times I restart.

The checkboxes in the Admin console settings are set to start on startup so it should work - however, I see a FMS service error in event log when the server reboots so I assume this is the reason - can anyone shed some light on the one line error?

Service 1.png

Service 2.png

Thanks,

Naysan

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server service not starting on startup
          TSGal

it:

Thank you for your post.

Error 701 is the database server terminating abnormally.  Do you have any plug-ins installed?  Are you using SSL?  If so, what certificate is being used?

Error 748 is generally linked to the network.  Is this a single-machine or two-machine deployment?  Are your database files on a separate drive?  Are your backups being saved to the server or another drive?

Since you are able to start FileMaker Server from the Admin Console, is anything on the server also set to start?  For instance, any anti-virus software or other utility?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server service not starting on startup
            it@fingerprint.uk.com

Thanks for the reply,

- I don't have any plug-ins installed, just Filemaker Server standard install.

- Currently there is no SSL cert installed

- This is a single-machine deployment

- The database files are on the C: drive of the server

- The backups are saved on the C: drive of the server and are copied to the cloud using Crashplan

- Avast business anti-virus is installed and set to start at boot up.

Thanks,

Naysan

• 3. Re: Filemaker Server service not starting on startup
              TSGal

it:

Was Avast business anti-virus installed prior to installing and deploying FileMaker Server?  If so, uninstall FileMaker Server, disable or remove Avast, and then install FileMaker Server.

After deploying, restart to see if FileMaker Server starts.  If so, then try enabling Avast and reboot again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.