AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange case of FM not quitting

Question asked by miqaels on Nov 5, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 by philmodjunk

I am totally stumped. I have a FM pro 12 advanced database that I have developed and elaborated over many years. i have noticed that recently, sometimes when I quit, the database itself closes but the FM application does not. I have tried and tried to isolate cause - if I open it and quit without doing anything, FM quits. If I run my balance script the issue occurs. I have tried to disable script steps but just when I think I am homing in on the offending instruction it seems that the solution just vanishes. For example, if I open a different layout onto the same table, and run the same balance script, the layout returns to the start layout and then the program will quit normally. but if I run the balance script on the start layout the problem occurs.

I do have earlier copies of the database and the phenomenon started at some point in between. One change I made was to move a table that is used to populate a value list out of the main database file into an external table. I don't see how this could be the problem since everything works as it should.

Does anyone have an idea of why this weird thing could be happening?

Outcomes