AnsweredAssumed Answered

Select common name but populate with different data

Question asked by lagardner on Nov 7, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 by David Moyer

Is there a way that I can create a drop down window or something similar where I can select an item but have the field populated with different data.  I have a report that I do bi-annually and it calls for a lot of data.  If I could automate some of the entry it would be an extreme time saver!! 

For example, If I could use a drop down window and select a building in our school district and have it populate with the building code numbers, that would be wonderful.  I also have instances where a field requires a yes and that data should be populated with a number 1 or no and it should be populated with a number 2.  I also have a field that requires a degree level, a high school diploma is assigned as an 01; an Associate Degree an 02; a bachelor's degree an 03; a master's degree an 04 and so on. I have many instances where a solution to this would save so much time.  I am not an advanced learner so if it is way difficult, I may not be able to handle it....any help or suggestions would be so appreciated tho.  Thanks.  

Outcomes