AnsweredAssumed Answered

hide item when checkbox

Question asked by gethappy@happypc.com on Nov 7, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 by justinc

I have an inventory database with a field that is a checkbox called "Furniture" (allowing multiple furniture pieces to be selected).  Basically the user would check all items in a room.

If one of the pieces of furniture that the user checks is "TABLE", then we want another field to be NOT HIDDEN which allows them to select the type of table (end, pool, kitchen, dining room, etc) that it is.  So the user checks TABLE in the first field and a second field should immediately appear to allow the user to check what type of TABLE it is.

This is easily achieved by adding to "hide object when" PatternCount ( SCENE::furniture; " table" )) to the second field.

BUT ... in the first field we now have MASSAGE TABLE as an entry.  So we have TABLE and MASSAGE TABLE as two separate items the user can click in the first field.

If the user selects TABLE we want the second field to appear.

If the user selected MASSAGE TABLE and TABLE is not selected as well, we don't want the second field to appear.

if the user selects TABLE and any combination of other checkboxes, we want the second field to appear.

This should be easy, but I can't get my pee sized brain to figure this one out.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Outcomes