Discussion created by dominicjoannou on Nov 8, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 by erolst

Hi All,

I have managed to create 3 new fields of:

Date of Expiry of Interim Sanction Overdue

Date of Expiry of Final Sanction Overdue

Date of Review of Final Sanction Overdue

From the advice given below this email.

I am now trying to collate into a succinct report. Currently I have these 3 fields with name and study number running into a 317 page report, 1 page for each person. Currently nobody has a an expired sanction so far as I have to go through the dataset.

All I want is a report were only a person who has an expired sanction comes into the report with

Name     Database Number      Date of Expiry of ..... Sanction Overdue    

How do I achieve this?

Hopefully this would be a mainly blank report as no one has an expired date of sanction. The point of having this alert tracking, is that if the PDF file to conclude the case cannot be found, then I have to close the case down.

Many thanks

Dominic Joannou

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Previous Dialogue:

Creating a calculated field with negative values

This question has been Answered.

Dominic JoannouSolution Starter

Hi All,

I have been creating a layout table which keeps track of all pended cases for my research.

This layout table is comprised of:

If(IsEmpty(Date of Expiry of Review of Sanction Due Overdue); ;""; (Date of Expiry of Review of Sanction Due Overdue - Current Date)) *as an unstored calculation

Research Data Table::Date of Expiry of Review of SanctionResearch Data Table::Date of Expiry of Review of Sanction deletedResearch Data Table::Date of Expiry of Review of Sanction Due Overdue
26/02/2018475

I have already have conditional formatting on the due overdue day number  eg "475" where this text would become red at -1 when overdue.

I would like to take this one step further.

I would like to create a new field with only negative numbers from the Date of Expiry of Review Sanction Due Overdue.

This is to have this new field to be used in a layout report of people whose sanction dates are overdue. The end result, if I am putting in the dates and deleting them as appropriate is that Filemaker would literally do all the tracking for me.

How do I create this new field?

Many thanks

Dominic Joannou

David Moyer
Correct Answer by David Moyer on 08-Nov-2016 12:40

Hi,

if you want the due overdue day number to show when negative ...

= if ( due overdue day number < 0; due overdue day number; GetAsNumber("") )

or just

= if ( due overdue day number < 0; due overdue day number; )

Outcomes