AnsweredAssumed Answered

Blocked "Open URL error" When using YouTune

Question asked by ontarget on Nov 9, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 by ontarget

Nov 8, 2016

I'm having an issue where I added a web object to my FM application for a YouTube video, and I get a "Blocked Plug in" error message in the middle of the video area. I'm using the open URL script step in a button to try to bypass the error. I know the URL is correct because I put it in the browser and it opened right up to the page I am using.

Now here is the kicker, I have several apps that work with the button, and this was the result of having to do a workaround when YouTube displayed the blocked plug-in error. In my experience I've only recently seen this blocked plug-in error.  I have developed many apps where YouTube was included  within a WebObject and I did not get any errors.

I find it confusing that I can use the drop-down list that uses a field object with the URL in that field, and I get a completely different functionality. In the WebObject I use the URL from the field to open any website address in that field. This seems to be a YouTube specific issue? Has anybody had this issue where you're using YouTube in a web object?