9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 4:58 AM by fmpdude

line graphs

sokol@rogers.com

I would like lines connecting all the points.  One of my graphs does this but when I used different data but the same format on a different layout; the data points are NOT connected with lines.  How can I make the data connected with lines on my line graph?

• 1. Re: line graphs
          philmodjunk

Please describe what you did in more detail. This was using the FileMaker Chart Object?

What options, data source and context did you set up for it?

• 2. Re: line graphs
            sokol@rogers.com

I used format-->chart setup ... and used "line" as options ... then used several 

Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:13 AM

Subject: Re:  - line graphs

line graphs

reply from philmodjunk in Discussions - View the full discussionPlease describe what you did in more detail. This was using the FileMaker Chart Object? What options, data source and context did you set up for it?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following line graphs in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

• 3. Re: line graphs
              fmpdude

Check out the Styles part of the inspector.

You can pick poly-line (for straight line segments) or curve fitting for, well, curves between the points.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

• 4. Re: line graphs
                sokol@rogers.com

Already I have chosen poly-line but this layout does not have lines joining the points! (Another layout using different fields but otherwise same chart setup does have lines????)

• 5. Re: line graphs
                  David Moyer

Hi,

there might be an issue with the context of your layout(s).  "Show records from" indicates the context in the Layout Setup dialog ...

Capture.PNG

• 6. Re: line graphs
                    philmodjunk

And what did you specify as the data source for your x and y data series?

• 7. Re: line graphs
                      Orlando

HI sokol@rogers.com,

The only time I have seen something similar to what you describe is when there are gaps in the data, null values instead of zeros, using the Poly-line Chart Style will not fill in any gaps in the chart and just leaves them out. Changing the Chart Style to Curve-Fitting does join the gaps and may solve the issue.

If not then it would help to see a screen shot of the chart.

Hope this helps

-- Orlando

• 8. Re: line graphs
                        sokol@rogers.com

awesome ... that is it!  ... yes there are a lot of gaps in the data and the curve fitting now joins all the data points.THANKS to all

To: lorne sokol <sokol@rogers.com>

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:48 AM

Subject: Re:  - line graphs

line graphs

reply from Orlando in Discussions - View the full discussionHI sokol@rogers.com, The only time I have seen something similar to what you describe is when there are gaps in the data, null values instead of zeros, using the Poly-line Chart Style will not fill in any gaps in the chart and just leaves them out. Changing the Chart Style to Curve-Fitting does join the gaps and may solve the issue. If not then it would help to see a screen shot of the chart. Hope this helps -- Orlando

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following line graphs in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

• 9. Re: line graphs
                          fmpdude

Please mark this question as "Answered".

Thanks,