6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 3:24 AM by rrrichie

Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.

rrrichie

FileMaker 15.0.2.220

El Capitan 10.11.6

Browser and version (for WebDirect only)

iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Mid 2015)

Description

After using the color picker to pickup a fill color, the cursor does not come back and the color picker color also dissapears.

Reproduce

Enter Layout Mode, open inspector, click on the fill color, choose other color... select the color picker droplet, select a color somewhere.  As you click no more cursor.

Workaround

Move mouse all the way up then click.  (Clicking somewhere in the menubar brings the cursor back)

• 1. Re: Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.
          TSGal

rrrichie:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.11.6 and macOS Sierra 10.12.1.  This is what I did:

1. On a new layout, I created two rectangles.

2. With the Inspector showing, I clicked on the first rectangle and changed to a Red fill color.

3. With the rectangle still selected, I clicked the Default style picker droplet.

4. I clicked the fill color of the second triangle (white fill), clicked the paste droplet, and the red fill appears.

At no time does the cursor disappear.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.
            rrrichie

ColorPicker.png

Hi,

Yes, that works, fine.  I think you are using a different droplet.  I mean the color picker droplet :-)

You only need one rectangle actually.

1. Select rectangle, with a solid color.

2. Open Inspector

3. Click on the color in the Fill section.

4. Click Other Color... (in the color pallete)

5. Click on the small color picker droplet (the one in the lower right area in picture)

6. Then just click anywhere and your cursor dissapears.

Hope that does it :-)

• 3. Re: Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.
              TSGal

rrrichie:

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to replicate the issue.  Whenever I click the "small color picker droplet" in the (Other) Colors windows, I get a large circle magnifying glass.  Once I select a colored object, that color is applied to the rectangle and the arrow cursor appears.  I have a screen recording of the steps I took, and I have sent that movie file to our Technical Support contact who will send it to you when he arrives this morning.  If you don't get the file within two hours, let me know, and I'll make sure the movie is sent to you immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.
                TSGal

rrrichie:

I just received confirmation from our Technical Support contact that the movie file has been sent.  Let me know if you don't receive it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.
                  rrrichie

Got and that is what I mean.  I will on a fresh install and see if I still have it there.  Thank you.

By the way I had disabled all plugins, but that didn't solve the issue.

Thanx thusfar.

• 6. Re: Cursor Dissapears after when using color picker in layout mode.
                    rrrichie

TSGal :

Logged in with a fresh user account and I cannot replicate the issue either.  So it is really related to some user setting and not to FileMaker.  If I find the reason, I'll post it here for completeness.

Thank you for the investigating.

Ramon