Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.11.6 and macOS Sierra 10.12.1. This is what I did:
1. On a new layout, I created two rectangles.
2. With the Inspector showing, I clicked on the first rectangle and changed to a Red fill color.
3. With the rectangle still selected, I clicked the Default style picker droplet.
4. I clicked the fill color of the second triangle (white fill), clicked the paste droplet, and the red fill appears.
At no time does the cursor disappear.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.
Yes, that works, fine. I think you are using a different droplet. I mean the color picker droplet :-)
You only need one rectangle actually.
1. Select rectangle, with a solid color.
2. Open Inspector
3. Click on the color in the Fill section.
4. Click Other Color... (in the color pallete)
5. Click on the small color picker droplet (the one in the lower right area in picture)
6. Then just click anywhere and your cursor dissapears.
Hope that does it :-)
Thank you for the clarification.
Unfortunately, I am still unable to replicate the issue. Whenever I click the "small color picker droplet" in the (Other) Colors windows, I get a large circle magnifying glass. Once I select a colored object, that color is applied to the rectangle and the arrow cursor appears. I have a screen recording of the steps I took, and I have sent that movie file to our Technical Support contact who will send it to you when he arrives this morning. If you don't get the file within two hours, let me know, and I'll make sure the movie is sent to you immediately.
I just received confirmation from our Technical Support contact that the movie file has been sent. Let me know if you don't receive it.
Got and that is what I mean. I will on a fresh install and see if I still have it there. Thank you.
By the way I had disabled all plugins, but that didn't solve the issue.
Logged in with a fresh user account and I cannot replicate the issue either. So it is really related to some user setting and not to FileMaker. If I find the reason, I'll post it here for completeness.
Thank you for the investigating.