1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 7:49 AM by PeterDoern

Choosing the right date

u177svr

Hi Gang,

Please help me with this.

I have one field (Date) called Order received,

I have another field (Date) called Product Arrived,

I have another field (Date) called Turnaround Time of Order.

My Turnaround Time (TAT) for producing an order is dependent on when I receive the order and the product, and is based on which arrived last from the Order or the Product.

So if the Order came on 26th October and the Product to make the Order came on the 27th October my TAT Date is the 27th October.

if the Product came on 26th October and the Order came on the 27th October my TAT Date is the 27th October.

Is there a calculation or script trigger that allows the TAT Date field to choose the nearest date (in this case the 27th) out of those two and insert this into the TAT field as a date.

• 1. Re: Choosing the right date
          PeterDoern

I think you'd use Max ( OrderReceived ; ProductArrived ) to find the greater of the two values.

Just a note also that you posted your question in the FileMaker Developer Challenge 2016 forum, which was set up for a very particular discussion for an event that took place at FileMaker DevCon this past year. You'll get more views (and probably better responses) if you post in the main Discussion area.

All the best,

Peter

1 of 1 people found this helpful