AnsweredAssumed Answered

Runtime and the FMP URL

Question asked by justinc on Nov 10, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2016 by justinc

I'm running into an issue that I am hoping that someone can point me to a workaround.

We have a solution that is normally hosted on a server.  We are trying to create a runtime version of it as a demo file.  These users probably would not have FileMaker Pro installed on their systems yet.

In this solution we have some web viewer widgets that are used to provide a way for the user to add Tags to a record.  They pick a tag from the dropdown and it shows up in the web viewer.  The tags are clickable in the WV, and there is also a small 'delete' button attached to each tag.  Each of these clickable buttons in the web viewer have a URL definition on them that makes a call back to the open file to perform a script, using the FMP URL scheme.  This all works great in our hosted version.

This FMP URL scheme to trigger a script in the open file isn't working.  I'm guessing it's for two reasons:  if they don't have FMP client installed, they won't have the FMP URL registered.  Second, if they DO have FMP client installed, well, it's triggering the FMP Client to open the file specified, and not the Runtime file itself.

It's not the end of the world if they can't click these things - we can tell them that it's a feature that's not functional in the demo.  But it would be nice if I could get it working.  Can anyone think of a way to get these HTML clickable events to trigger a script in the Runtime that's open?

Thanks,

Justin

Outcomes