9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 3:31 PM by TSGal

Unable to Save PDF via script step

wayno

Filemaker Pro 15.0.2.220, Windows 10 64 Bit.

On some Windows 64 bit machines it will not save pdf's via the script step once upgraded to this version. Have attached a screen capture of the error message. The problem is fixed once you uninstall Filemaker and Reinstall with version 15.0.1.119.

Sub issues, not present in Filemaker 14:

1)  Have complains from users that PDF's are very slow to open on Tablet devices running Adobe Reader and seems to drain the battery.

2)  PDF documents with a black background on the page gets white lines between records.

• 1. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
          TSGal

wayno:

Thank you for your post.

There is a known issue being tracked by Development and Testing where fonts with uppercase extensions .TTF or .OTF are uppercase.  Renaming these to lowercase .ttf or .otf appears to handle most of these issues.  Can you verify?

On the tablets with black background, what is the Windows display set to?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
            wayno
            HI TSGal

I can confirm that I have check my main PDF export scripts and they are all in lowercase file extensions.

I am not sure what you are asking about the Windows Display on the tablets, the tables are different brands, Samsung Etc, they all run Android,
            with the Adobe Reader software.  The PDF document contains a black background for each page, but it displays white lines between each record, instead

of a solid black page.

• 3. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
              wayno

Here is an example of what is happening with the white lines on the pdf.

15036515_10155387795369027_8401889923433707254_n.jpg

• 4. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
                TSGal

wayno:

Sorry for the confusion.  I thought you were running Windows on the tablets; not Android.

Do you also get white lines in the PDF on Windows machines?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
                  wayno

Hi TSGal

Just tested and the answer is yes it appears on desktop machines as well, though not as many visible as on tablet devices.

Attached a screen capture

Regards

WaynoCapture.PNG

• 6. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
                    TSGal

wayno:

Thank you for the additional screen shot.

Since you can replicate with  FileMaker Pro on Windows, I definitely want to see a copy of the file so I can determine why this is occurring.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
                      TSGal

wayno:

I received your file.  Thank you.

First, I noticed the layout was set to the Classic theme.  Since the Classic theme has been removed from FileMaker Pro 15, you should consider moving all layouts to another built-in theme.

The issue is with the Body height.  Switching from centimeters (cm) to points, the height is 93.543 points.  Changing the height to 93 points now displays without any white lines.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
                        wayno

TSGal

I had a look into your recommendation about themes and in my Filemaker Pro 15 the Classic theme is still valid, when I click on change theme Classic is still listed as a valid selection. Is there any particular theme you where thinking would be good to use as a base selection for designing a complete custom layout?

I have attempted your solution of changing to points instead of centimeters and using a height of 93 point, there are still lines in the document just scroll down through the document and you will see.

Wayno

• 9. Re: Unable to Save PDF via script step
                          TSGal

wayno:

Since the Classic theme was a Basic theme, choose the Minimalist theme.

I duplicated the Large layout, moved to the duplicate layout, changed the theme to Minimalist, and then changed the fonts, fills, styles, etc.  I then modified your Large script to call the duplicated layout and ran the script.  It works without the lines.  I have sent the database file and resulting PDF to our Technical Support liaison, so you should receive an email from him shortly.  If you don't receive the file within one hour, please let me know, and I'll make sure the file is sent to you immediately.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.