AnsweredAssumed Answered

Wrapping with the SDK: To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

Question asked by 2cool on Nov 10, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 by 2cool

Is it safe to upgrade to Sierra and use FM15 + SDK + Xcode 8.x for wrapping apps? I need to support iOS 9.x-10.x.

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but there have been numerous discussion around SDK not working with Xcode 8.x and still more problems with Sierra.

I need to know:

1) Can take my currently working FM 15 configurations, latest FM 15 code, Xcode Version 7.3.1 (7D1014) and upgrade to the latest Xcode 8.x using SDK 15.0.2 and rebuild and rewrap my apps without conflicts or problems? I do not want to upgrade and then everything is broken. Are there any issues with this at this time?

2) Same as #1 but upgrade to Sierra first. Is this supported with the SDK wrapping? Are there any issues with this at this time?

I am currently building everything with FM 15, El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1108), SDK 15.0.2 and a hacked version of Xcode 7.3.1 adding targets from 8.0. I really do not like the hacked aspect of Xcode and would like to simply upgrade everything to the latest version and move on. However, I do not want to break what I have and jump into a broken environment fight.

Please advise.

Thanks

Outcomes