4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 1:07 PM by user25682

ALK Maps Integration

user25682

Hi,

Has anyone ever integrated ALK Maps web services into FileMaker Pro? We're researching that right now and looking for any experiences folks have had with it.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: ALK Maps Integration
          miler24

Looks pretty interesting, we'll have to take a closer look at this.  I like how it's designed for commercial fleets.

We just finished integrating SeedCode's updated ProMaps into our Kosmas solution.  We also included the iOS app TrackFM so we can overlay iOS device location in real-time into ProMaps.  So now, our projects, tickets, facilities and technician locations can all be shown and interacted with on a single screen.

Eric

DocuWrx

• 2. Re: ALK Maps Integration
            David Moyer

Hi,

some web services are easy to work with (using the Insert From URL script step).  Is this a process that you can perform manually with a web browser?

• 3. Re: ALK Maps Integration
              user25682

Yeah, it looks very useful for implementing the functionality of PC Miler routing on an enterprise level instead of having to license each location. Google Maps doesn't support truck related routing which is very odd since they own KeepTruckin, an electronic logbook and real time tracking service.

• 4. Re: ALK Maps Integration
                user25682

It's SOAP based, so I'm sure it can be accessed that way. There are just a LOOOOT of options and I'd rather not try to dig into it blind.