AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Cloud

Question asked by jeffsb on Nov 11, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2016 by jeffsb

I am a board member and volunteer for a small nonprofit organization. I am new to FileMaker and it has been years since I have worked with programming relational databases so I am trying to get up to speed here.Because our (all volunteer) operations are spread out, currently with the phone answered in California, the mail answered in Connecticut, public events coordinated in New jersey and the items shipped from Oklahoma, we are putting our database in the cloud so that it is accessible from these locations.

The sales representative who I talked to at FileMaker recommended that we consider the new FileMaker Cloud. Of course the other choices are having our own server and paying an independent company to host our FileMaker program. He sent me a link to a calculator that would figure out about how much we could expect to pay Amazon for hosting under this FileMaker program. Here is a link to that calculator.

https://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

My question involves how to use this calculator to figure out a ballpark figure for hosting charges. We have only one FileMaker program, 1 to 5 users, to run and it might be about 30 or 40 MB. Though it will be accessed from four or five places, the total time connected online time will probably be no more than 20 hours a month if that. How can we use this calculator and what would it compute for our monthly server expenses?

Thank you for any help you can give me on this.

Outcomes