Is it possible to create a script for FileMakerGo to save a copy of a database to an iCloud folder?
I'd like to have a script which automates this process rather than have to do the steps manually from FilemakerGo luanch centre.
No. For security reasons, FileMaker can only address the Documents and Desktop paths (and subfolders thereof). And, since there is no "desktop" for document storage on iOS, you can only save directly to the FileMaker documents (data) folder.
Now, I can think of a possible workaround, but it's a bit convoluted, it only works if you have a database hosted on an Internet-accessible server, if you're comfortable with OS-level batch scripting and such batch scripting can access your iCloud destination folder. (I honestly don't know; never tried.) But it goes something like this:
1) Create a container field in the hosted database.
2) Script the insertion of the database copy into that container field from the iOS device.
3) Set up a robot machine (a computer running the FileMaker client).
4) Have that robot machine export the field contents to the desktop or Documents folder.
5) Use an OS-level batch script to move the database up to the iCloud folder.
Like I said, convoluted, and it might not even work. But in theory, it's possible. (Of course, backing up your iOS device directly to iCloud is probably more straightforward.)
Retrieving data ...