Oodua

Mouse Wheel behavior removal

Discussion created by Oodua on Nov 16, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 by jormond

Earlier today, I started a discussion that the mouse wheel behavior of scrolling through records has been removed in FM Pro 15.

I am quite surprised to learn that FM removed this behavior because some users were changing the wrong record by mistakingly turning the mouse wheel.

While I do understand that the wheel behavior poses some problem to some, I am sure there are others like me that do like this behavior. It is a time saver for me and many users in my group.

But what really surprises me is the so easy willingness on the part of FM development team to just take away features, behaviors and etc. without much thought for those customers that have used them for a long time.

A fellow community person suggested that this should have been a preference setting in FM. I totally agree. So why don't we encourage FM engineers to request for ideas from users before taking away features and behaviors? This approach will be better than acting as an authoritarian ruler that just does things without regard for the people or the customers in this case.

May be FileMaker is becoming an Autocrat.

Outcomes