AnsweredAssumed Answered

Questions about CWP with PHP

Question asked by planteg on Nov 18, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2016 by planteg

Hi all,

to learn some more about FileMaker Server, I study CWP with PHP. I must say that I am doing my experiments with a somewhat different kind of hardware: I have FMS 15.0.1.137 (I know I am two versions behind) installed in single system mode. On top of that I use a Raspberry Pi 3 with apache2 and php 5.6.26+deb8u1 installed.I added the FM PHP API to the installation in /var/www/html.

To learn CWP is use this tutorial Introduction to FileMaker Custom Web Publishing (CWP) with PHP | Blue Feather - FileMaker Developer, Android, Web It seams to be old (outdated ?) though.

I tried the first part with newFindAnyCommand():

<?php

include("FileMaker.php");

$fm = new FileMaker("Test Database", "192.168.1.112", "PHP User", "password");

$findCommand = $fm->newFindCommand("PHP Test");
$findCommand->addFindCriterion("name", "Adam");
$findCommand->setRange(0, 1);

$result = $findCommand->execute();

if (FileMaker::isError($result)) {
    echo($result->getMessage());
    return;
}

$record = $result->getFirstRecord();

$name = $record->getField("Name");
$color = $record->getField("Favorite Color");

echo("$name - $color");

?>

but I don't get any result, and no error. The only thing I see a the content of an echo() that i added right after the include.

My first question is can I use the FM PHP API on a system that does not host the FMS Web Server ? And if so, what is wrong with my code or approach ?

I had a different setup using two Pis: one host the Web server + PHP and the second one a MySQL database and works well (I use the CodeIgniter Framework).

Many thanks

Outcomes