5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 10:14 AM by erolst

oAzium Events Plugin

pausdlee

I've been tasked to upgrade some old FM5 Databases to FM12.

The database calls for a legacy plug-in called "oAzium Events".  The developer seems to have gone belly up in the early 2000's.

Does anyone know of a way I can import this plug-in into Filemaker 12?

• 1. Re: oAzium Events Plugin
          BeatriceBeaubien

Hello pausdlee,

You can't use this plug-in in FMP12; it is very old technology and not supported beyond FMP 6.

If I remember correctly from more than ten years ago, most if not all of the functionality can be duplicated with FMP 12 script triggers.

Best wishes,

Beatrice Beaubien, PhD

FileMaker Business Alliance

FileMaker 15 Certified Developer

Knowledge Translation Certified Professional

• 2. Re: oAzium Events Plugin
            KenNewell

Of course the next question is why FM12 and not FM15? Are you referring to the File Format and not the version of FileMaker?

• 3. Re: oAzium Events Plugin
              pausdlee

It probably wasn't clear but I need to upgrade the file format to .fm12 format so it can run on FM 15.

• 4. Re: oAzium Events Plugin
                pausdlee

I am a noob at Filemaker, so how can I replicate the functionality of the plugin with script triggers?  I am also not familiar what the oAzium plugin does.

Here is the calculation script at field validation:

External("OzEv-AddEvent";

"script" & "|" &

"ozev-edit-field" & "|" &

Get(FileName) & "|" &

"Get Info from Teachers" & "|" &

"N" & "|" &

""

)

I can set a script trigger to run the script "Get Info from Teachers" but I get this error when I try to edit the other fields after running the script:

This record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in a different window.

• 5. Re: oAzium Events Plugin
                  erolst

It seems that the oAzium plug-in allows triggers to be defined at the field level. When FMI introduced script triggers in v10(?), they did not include that kind of trigger. You'd still need a plug-in.

Having said that, there is an OnValidation trigger, with the caveat that it must be attached to a field object, i.e. an instance of a field on a layout. If that field appears and allows data entry on different layouts, you need to attach it to each of those different instances.

pausdlee wrote:

I can set a script trigger to run the script "Get Info from Teachers" but I get this error when I try to edit the other fields after running the script.

You don't want to use just any old trigger to launch that script.

Check out the validation rules for the field and that Get Info from Teachers script; you should then be able to tell what the script does, and why it should do it after a failed validation of that field.

Re-engineering can be fun, but it rarely is.

1 of 1 people found this helpful