AnsweredAssumed Answered

Insert hyperlinks in text

Question asked by MacAddict4 on Nov 18, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 by Vaughan

This issue continues to plague and frustrate me. I am using FMP12. So how does one insert a unique hyperlink (NOT as a global thing but unique to each and every text field that I want to designate as a web link).  For some strange reason this question seems to always be misinterpreted or misconstrued by everyone on the Community Help forum.

My question is very simple. I will explain.  Let's say that I have created a text field within a solution and I name this text field, "Home page".  Within this text field I type the words, "Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Automobile Museum".  Ok, with me so far?  Okay, now I want to insert (or embed or what ever you want to call it) the html link to this web site (which is:  http://www.automobilemuseum.org/#home.html  )

It is inconceivable to me that this cannot be done. I can do this a Microsoft Word document. I can do this in a Microsoft Excel document. I can do this in Apple's Pages application. I can do this in "Numbers" application................. but you mean to say this cannot be done in an expensive, highly sophisticated application like FireMaker - RIDICULOUS!  (nevertheless, I have not found an answer and in the past no one on the help forum could provide me with a workable solution to this seemingly simple process.

Has anything changed since I first posed this question several months ago....... Like has FileMaker wised up?

Outcomes