AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sub summary report bad behaviour

Question asked by Stu412 on Nov 21, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 by David Moyer

Hi there

I've created a sub summary report which from a script finds a subset of 32 records from 20,000 and performs various summary calculations on them.  In addition, I have some static pre calculated data which appears on each of the 32 rows coming in from a warehouse table.  This report works fine, takes a couple of seconds to load and due to some of the calculations is a little lumpy when scrolling up and down through the 32 records, but it's acceptable.

I've been asked to include a field which would allow end users to exclude a record prior to printing/PDF'ing.  My first thought was to simply put a text field with Y/N field on each row with a button script to simply flick between Y and N.  After this is set, the user would refresh and an Omit script would remove the N's.

However, the report really goes slow after I change the first Y to N.  I get the 'Windows blue circle of doom' when trying to move down the 32 records which previously, before changing the Y to N, I could do easily.

What on earth is FM doing here?!

Before I change the text field, it works fine.  After I change the text field, it's stalled and useless.

Any help really appreciated on this one.

Thanks

Outcomes