2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 9:11 AM by TSGal

Type ahead field selection fails when changing context?

BruceHerbach

Hi,  not sure if this is a bug or not.  I am in the process of building version 2 of a complex database.  I imported the original table definition and am in the process of updating field formulas.  Probably because I changed the name of the table occurrence in the relationship graph as a first step many of the more complex formulas start with a context of <unknown>.

I change the context to the base table name and all of the fields appear in the list on the left.  If in a Let statement I add x = and start to type a field name,  the type ahead field selection fails for local fields.

If I leave the original formula commented out ( between /* and */ ) click ok and then open the edit formula screen again,  remove the /* and then try to add a line x = and as soon as I type the first character of a field name it appears in a list.

It is a minor inconvenience.  I can search the field names or just type the full name.  But I do like the type ahead selection.  It does make things faster.

Thanks for looking at this.
      Bruce Herbach