1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 3:53 PM by TSPigeon

Slow Script

bgustin

I have a layout navigation script that is intermittently really slow (10-20 second delay).  It happens 95% the time when the script takes you to the "Detail Layout".   The file is hosted on FMS13, the client machines are running FM15.  When I try using one of the backup files on my computer (FMP advanced 15) I don't get any delay when using the script.  It seems to only happen on the hosted file. The script in question is "Menus", it takes the user to each layout and prevents users from going to layouts they don't have data access.  It takes the global field data (x_menu) at the top of the layout and takes the user to the correct corresponding layout.  Any ideas would be a great help.

Attached is a clone of the file.

User name/pass: admin/admin

Script name: Menus

• 1. Re: Slow Script
          TSPigeon

bgustin:

Thank you for your post!

After looking at the file, I would recommend moving from the Classic Theme (to Minimalist for instance) as it has been deprecated and removed from the software. This seemed to make the file a little more efficient in my testing.

I am also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space, which is specifically for input on the Community itself, to the Discussions Space where others might find your post easier and offer further advice.

I hope this helps!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.