2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2016 6:53 AM by user11910

FM15 - Enter Key issue in Value lists in Windows & missing "Select All" option

user11910

I have discovered an odd issue in FM 15 when editing a Value List. If you are typing in the list and need to create a new line and hit the <Enter Key> the Value List dialog window closes as if you hit the "OK".  This is very problematic as I now need to create lists in Word and Copy and Paste them into the Value List window. I also noticed that there is no longer the "Select All" option that allows you to select the entire contents of the Value List window to clear or edit.  I seriously think whoever was in charge of this part of the new version missed something major in the new code and this feature needs to be put back in when the next update is due.  I can't believe no one is complaining about this already!

• 1. Re: FM15 - Enter Key issue in Value lists in Windows & missing "Select All" option
          realgrouchy

Troubleshooting suggestions:

- what sub-version of FMP15 are you using?

- are you typing on a keyboard with a numeric keypad? Note that "return" (above the spacebar) and "enter" (on the numpad) have different functionalities, with "return" performing a line break and "enter" performing the equivalent of clicking "OK". This took me a while to get used to when I started using macs, but ultimately makes sense.

- if you're on a laptop without a numpad, make sure your fn key isn't somehow on; fn+return = enter

- RG>

• 2. Re: FM15 - Enter Key issue in Value lists in Windows & missing "Select All" option
            user11910

Using 15.02 most recent version. Occurs in both FM Pro and Advanced.

Very interesting, however I was working on a Remote Session in the and had this issue so it may have something to do with the remote session interpreting the commands from the keyboard and not Filemaker. It was my first time using 15 and I see that is not the issue when in the client on my local PC.  The issue does remain regarding the "select All" feature no longer being available in the value list. This actually disappeared in v14 for some odd reason. Thank you for the response.