4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2016 9:56 PM by PeterWindle

getascss and hyperlinks

PeterWindle

Hello fellow filemakers...

I have a body of text that I am using in an email (html format) that is being sent out via a mailit plugin.

The body of text must be getascss(text) in order for the formatting to work, however, if I include a html hyperlink in the text, the getascss turns it into text. Without the getascss it is fine, but I lose all my formatting.

the hyperlink is currently in the usual format of <a href="URL of the web page to go to">Text that will be the link</a>

Is there a trick to formatting the hyperlink in order for it to work as a link within getascss(text)?

• 1. Re: getascss and hyperlinks
          user19752

If you don't have any text that should look like html code as you wrote, "decode" <a> tag using Substitute() function after GetAsCSS().

Do you have more than one hyperlink, and it is not always same?

• 2. Re: getascss and hyperlinks
            PeterWindle

Yes and yes...

the hyperlinks are user defined, it can change and there can be mulitple

• 3. Re: getascss and hyperlinks
              user19752

So need custom function.

GetAsHTML(text)

// parameter text is GetAsCSS(someText) then decode <a> tags.

Let ( [

start = Position ( text ; "&lt;a " ; 1 ; 1 ) ;

end = Position ( text ; "&lt;/a&gt;" ; start + 6 ; 1 ) ; // 6 is Length("&lt;a ")

anchor = Middle ( text ; start ; end - start + 10 ) //10 is Length("&lt;/a&gt;")

] ;

Case ( not (start and end) ; text ;

Left ( text ; start - 1 ) & Substitute ( anchor ; [ "&lt;" ; "<" ] ; [ "&gt;" ; ">" ] ; [ "&quot;" ; "\"" ] ; [ "&apos;" ; "'" ] ; [ "&amp;" ; "&" ] ) & GetAsHTML ( Right ( text ; Length ( text ) - end - 9 ) )

)

)

not so stable, need </a> tag as is (spaces are not allowed and should be lower case), etc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: getascss and hyperlinks
                PeterWindle

you know something, I forgot about getasHTML... which is crazy, considering the task at hand...! hehe

that's awesome stuff, I'll give it a go next week. THANK YOU.