4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2016 8:29 AM by SethRedlus

How To build PHP Value List with Variable Name

SethRedlus

Hello All.

I'm pretty stumped on this, and hoping some of you might have a few ideas. I am attempting to build an interface where I specify a value list name in the database, and when the I build an input page via PHP, it uses the valuelist name that I identified in the database to pull the correct valuelist. What I can't figure out is how to dynamically specify the valuelist name in the getValueListTwoFields function. Here's an example:

$layout = $fm->getLayout('mylayout'); \\Identify The Layout
      $values = $layout->getValueListTwoFields('ValueList'); \\ This is the line where I need to dynamically specify the value list.

I have tried several things to populate the value list name using data from a field that is found in a search earlier in the script. My hope would be that I could pull the data into a variable, and then populate the variable into the function - but that doesn't work. That would look like this:

$result->getField('ValueListName'); \\The field that stores the name of the value list
      $values = $layout->getValueListTwoFields($result); \\Trying to insert the value list via variable - DOESNT WORK!

I have also tried building it as a string... no dice there either.

$values = "$layout->getValueListTwoFields('" . $result->getField('ValueListName') . "')";

I have a feeling that there is a PHP way to deal with this - I've looked at classes, global variables and custom functions and haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. Anyone have any pointers perhaps?

Thanks in advance!