Your script step to set the $file variable can just be:
Set Variable [ $file; Value: "file:source.fmp12"]
... And make sure that in the 'Import Records..." script step you set the File Type in the 'Specify File' options to 'FileMaker Pro Files' - this is essential to do for Filemaker Go as otherwise import doesn't work for some reason, even if set to 'All Available'... See attached screenshot.
Hope this helps :-)
Is the source.fmp12 file password protected? If yes , this might be the cause of your problem since the file with the script can not open the file.
Thank you for your responses.
I can confirm that the file is not password protected.
I have made the alterations suggested by SkyWillmott, but I am still receiving the error on the iphone that the file cannot be found. It is strange, as it works fine on the computer. One thing I did notice though, where you said change the file type to Filemaker Pro Files, I don't have that exact option. Instead I have "Filemaker Files (*.FMP12)". I don't think this should matter though. I have Filemaker Pro Advanced.
I have tried to delete the app from my phone and re-download from the App Store. But I still get the same error message.
I then went and made a script to simply open the source file, and this worked fine. So the file can be seen. But when I try and do the import, I get the same error message which is:
ERROR: The file "Source.fmp12" could not be opened. (Not Found).
I thought maybe it could be a security setting, but that also never worked. (I added another account).
I'm sure there is a reason.......I just don't know it.
Thanks again for your help.
Hmmm, that's a bit embarrassing.
I really didn't want to say anything, but anyway, honesty is the best policy I guess.
After hours of searching, and downloading other people's sample database and looking at it......it turns out there is a difference between the word "Source.fmp12" and "source.fmp12"......oops.
It works now.
Sorry for the muck around.