AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adobe Reader (Acrobat)

Question asked by TKnTexas on Nov 30, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 by user19752

A few weeks I received an upgraded computer.  It is faster and has more ram.  Unfortunately I have had to go back to my older machine.

My older machine has 4gb ram.  I am running Win10 for the OS.  I am using FMPAdv14.  Most recent updates for both have been applied. 

My newer machine has 12gb ram.  Win10 and same FMPAdv14.  My problem is Adobe.

IT prepped the machine with Win7, Adobe Reader DC and Sophos antivirus. 

The accounting system administrator added MS Office 2013 and Great Plains (accounting). 
I upgraded to Win10 and loaded the FMPAdv14.

The older machine had Win7.  Adobe Acrobat 10, and Adobe Reader 10.  McAfee antivirus. MS Office 2013 and Great Plains.

I added the FMPAdv14.  And because of some font issues I upgraded to Win10.

All works as expected.  I have file for managing invoices (PDFs).  I have been using it for 10 months.  My problem on the new machine is that FMPAdv14 reports that there is a problem with the Adobe plug-in.

There is no plug-in noted in the plug-in section.  Adobe Acrobat DC (v11) and Adobe Reader DC (v11) have been reinstalled.  I have tried to figure out what is different from the two machines.

Sophos AV vs McAfee.  Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Reader DC vs Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader (v10).

My machine is running 64bit apps except for the Great Plains which is 32bit.  But it does not talk to FMPAv14.
When installing Adobe Acrobat DC, the install shows 32bit (not noted in Control Panel).

In a long winded way, is this my issue?  I have no clue if Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader (v10) on the old machine is 32bit or 64bit.

I want my newer faster machine, but I have to have functionality.

Suggestions or comments? Adobe support wasn't helpful because it works outside of FMPAdv14.  Clicking on the container field currently OPENS the image in Adobe Acrobat DC. 

I have checked the Inspector, it is still set for PDF and Start Playback Immediately. !

Outcomes