RosemaryTietge

Apply to speak at DevCon

Discussion created by RosemaryTietge on Nov 30, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 by stephcourdin

The DevCon request for speaker proposals is live. Early next year, I am moving to FileMaker's Marketing Department where I will be (among other things) managing the DevCon session proposal intake and speaker communication.

Imagine a DevCon where the speaker roster has at least the same percentage of women as the attendees. If you have presented at DevCon in the past, please apply to speak again this year. If you have not, please apply. makah and the mentoring subcommittee will pair up experienced speakers with aspiring speakers for proposal writing and session critiques. In past years, speakers have worked together to review slides and critique presentation practice sessions. This year, a few experienced speakers are willing to coach newcomers.

We are looking for proposals at all levels on all FileMaker-related topics. This year, we've published a list of session ideas. Successful proposals capture our attention by taking a fresh look at a subject. If this is your first time applying to speak, consider proposing a short FileMaker in Action session or a beginner or intermediate session on your favorite FileMaker topic. Don't be afraid of the video. We're looking for 2-3 few minutes about you and your speaking experience. We're trying to get a sense of who you are, not how you'll present your session. We'd rather see 2 or 3 well developed session ideas than half a dozen or more half-baked ones. Most speakers will be selected for one session; a few experienced speakers may be selected for two.

Please send questions to tech_liason@filemaker.com and not directly to me.

Please share proposal tips and topic ideas in this thread. And speak up if you're a new speaker in search of support or an experienced speaker willing to mentor a new speaker.

Outcomes