1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 9:13 AM by FileKraft

Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2

FileKraft

Currently running FMP15v2 and FMS15v3 - on both Mac and Windows I have to manually re-authorize a local file A to connect to a hosted file B.

this never happened on prev versions (since this feature is in place FM≥11

I recovered the file and checked for corruption.

Seams to be OK.

Unfort. I cannot roll-back this time to FMP14 because I am using to many 15 features.

• 1. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
          TSGal

FileKraft:

Thank you for your post.

Did you notice if this issue occurred prior to FileMaker Server 15.0.3?  That is, did you ever run FileMaker Pro 15.0.2 connecting to a hosted file on FileMaker Server 15.0.2?  If so, did that work?

After you re-authorize the connection to hosted file B, it's not clear from your posting if the connection becomes permanent or if you have to re-authorize each time.

What version of FileMaker Pro was used to create the files?

Are there any special characters in the file names?

Are you referencing the hosted file by IP Address or domain name?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
            FileKraft

Thank you for looking into this TSGal,

It happened before on FMS15v2. I am using the generic SSL certificate though.

Re-authorizing had to happen a couple of times - the recovery now of all involved files

- even the integrity check didn't report any issues - improved the situation therefor it seams not to ask for authorization again.

The filename is without any special characters or spaces. Server files are referenced by static IP address.

The files have been created by FMP8.5 and never crashed but twice recovered.

• 3. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
              FileKraft

Ok - the issues is back, TSGal. I am running now macOS 10.12.2.

If i cannot pair the local file anymore with the cloud file (server file) that the "one-time operation" sticks my solution cannot be used.

Please advice.

Thank you!

• 4. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                TSGal

FileKraft:

What error message/number is returned when the local file tries to connect to the hosted file?

Are you still using SSL with the generic certificate?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                  FileKraft

Thank you for your quick response TSGal!

As a non-FA user:

I am getting first the correct error code 825 "File is not authorized ..." and on the next calls

I just get error code 100 "File is missing"

So running the script again it only fails with error 100.

When I reopen the file it starts again with 825 then all other calls 100.

I closed the files on the server - and reopened them. Now at least with Full Access I can run the RPC script.

Yes I am still on the generic SSL certificate for "testing only".

Connecting from the latest Windows 10 Client Computer doesn't even connect as FA or Non-FA.

Turning off SSL and restarting entire Server does enable remote procedure calls on hosted server file as expected (Non-FA account) without the not authorized issue on Windows 10 PC with restarted FMP15v2 client. On the Mac it keeps failing with one error 825 and afterwards error 100.

The hosted file on the server has a filename containing an unorthodox character Char ( 64257 ).

So i am changing the name now and reinstall everything.

I update on the result.

• 6. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                    FileKraft

TSGal,

So after a couple of days the issue came back - it tells me the file is not authorized anymore. So all file names are now clean and still the same issue.

Unfort. this is a huge problem because I have to put development  / roll out / upgrading to 15 on hold.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

PS. I re-authorized the file and it still persisted - so I recovered the "unauthorized" file again. But still no access to hosted file over WAN!

• 7. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                      CamelCase_data

FileKraft - you probably saw this already, but there's another thread on this you haven't participated in with some more details/theories - and still no real answer: https://community.filemaker.com/message/616793.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                        FileKraft

Thank You very much David - haven't seen this before!

Happy 2017

• 9. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                          FileKraft

TSGal,

After I turned off SSL it worked for a while - i only got the prompt for re-authorization when running the DDR where some local scripts had remote script calls embedded.

Now FMP crashed after waking from sleep and I couldn't terminate its processes via force quit nor shut down the Mac running Sierra 10.12.3.

FMP15v3 now with the file in question lost its authorization for the server files again. The crashed file was replaced with a compressed copy of the previous file - so no recovery happened - but maybe the compressed copy won't keep the authorization ??

This issue is still present and frankly stalls all  sales of our SBA solution - this takes me slowly out of business if no solution can be offered.

Thank you for your help!

• 10. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                            TSGal

FileKraft:

Please post the crash report up to and including the crashed thread.

If FileMaker Pro goes to sleep while connected to a hosted file on FileMaker Server, FileMaker Server will be unable to ping the client and after approximately two minutes, FileMaker Server will disconnect the client.

Or, is this a local file?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                              FileKraft

Thank you for your fast answer TSGal,

The file is a local copy talking to the server to exchange data.

There is no crash report. FMP didn't  respond to force quit - the mac couldn't be restarted from the menu.

So i forced a shut down and when restarting Sierra didn't complain.

Between all steps I waited minutes - sometimes patience helps.

So the problem is now with the compressed copy because I never continue with an improperly closed file.

My earlier observations that with Full Access the file is more likely to be recognized as an authorized file as well as if SSL is turned off just got confirmed.

I opened another copy of the same file with FA and it appeared as authorized - I tried the identical same file again as a regular user (assuming the file is authorized) and the debugger gave me Error 100 but not the re-authorization prompt.

• 12. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                                FileKraft

I run maintenance on the Mac to clear all temp files and after restart the remote file behaves again.

Somehow this must be a bug in the new temporary file management i would guess.

We never had the problem in 13 and 14 and a copy of the local file was installed on more then 100 macs and pcs.

• 13. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                                  TSGal

FileKraft:

For clarification, when the "local copy talking to the server to exchange data", is this done by a open file and close file?  Or, does the local file remain connected to the hosted file?

After the Mac wakes up, does FileMaker Server Admin Console still show a connection from the client?

Error 100 is "File is missing", so whatever file it is looking for cannot be found.  If this is done via a script with Error Capture On, the error is captured and you will not get a re-authorization prompt.

Since this did not occur under FileMaker Pro 13 nor FileMaker Pro 14, Development and Testing would like to see a copy/clone of the local file and hosted file so they can see what has changed in FileMaker Pro 15.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: Authorizing a File A to a File B doesn't stick in FMP15v2
                                    FileKraft

TSGal, the remote files are referenced as FileMaker Data Sources only via script call exchanging script parameters

without explicit open script step but at embedding script closing script step. There are no references in the graph.

The sleeping mac was not connected before sleep begin to the server. It connected via script call and closed after script terminated.

I will provide the files again.

Thank you!

1 2 Previous Next