a few questions:

was it running before?

what version of FMS, Java?

have You restarted the machine?

• 2. Re: iwp
            Johan Hedman

As mschneider write, Java is a very important part of IWP

FileMaker Server and Java - Overview | FileMaker

Then I would recommend you to update to FileMaker Server 15 and start using FileMaker WebDirect that is far better then IWP

• 3. Re: iwp
              wb12

I use FM PRO 9.... I know is it old but it still should work in my opinion.

• 4. Re: iwp
                Johan Hedman

You need to run a old Java and a old OS. That is insecure. Then you are missing out of all new functionalities

• 5. Re: iwp
                  wb12

I use Win 7. What version of FM can you suggest to have all the functionality including web publishing? I need FM that could be accessible (even for editing via internet). thanks

• 6. Re: iwp
                    Johan Hedman

I recommend you to put your solution on FileMaker Cloud in FileMaker 15

• 7. Re: iwp
                      taylorsharpe

wb12 wrote:

I use Win 7. What version of FM can you suggest to have all the functionality including web publishing? I need FM that could be accessible (even for editing via internet). thanks

Instant Web Publishing was FileMaker's first attempt at web publishing and it really was a beta product.  It has since been replaced by WebDirect in version 13 (released Dec 2013).  You could do it just be getting FileMaker Server 13, but FileMaker won't license you old versions unless you pay for a current version and they will let you back license a current version.  So in other words, to legally license an old version, you have to buy the current FileMaker 15.  Well, if you have to do that, there are few reasons to want to go backwards because it doesn't save you any money.  So the answer is you will want to license the current FileMaker Server 15. 

• 8. Re: iwp
                        philmodjunk

Well FileMaker's web companion was their first attempt at web publishing.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: iwp
                          Markus Schneider

WebDirect that came with FMS13 was a Beta, IWP was not perfect a but runs quite well with the needed java/browser versions

IWP could be tested with a client, webd needs FileMaker Server - with a quite powerfull hardware AND connection packs or a team licence. In most cases, IWP needs separate layouts (we still have separate layouts under webd..)

We never worked with IWP12, but we still have IWP11 in service

While IWP wasn't that bad (after the patches for FMS11 were available..), but since it's an outdated, non-suported technology that is dependent on foreign software (java..) in specific versions, I would recommend to migrate to the current version as well. Costs money and time )-: