3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2016 1:29 PM by maximums

FileMaker Go and iOS style switchers

maximums

Hello all

Can anybody tell me if iOS style switchers can be formatted for FileMaker Go? If yes, how is it done?  I've attached a screen shot to clarify "switchers"

TIA

Linda

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go and iOS style switchers
          erolst

maximums wrote:

[Can] iOS style switchers [...] be formatted for FileMaker Go?

Hi Linda -

If you mean: use them as controls inside your database ...

I'd store them in a global container field with two repetitions.

iOS 7 Switches PSD by Matias Gallipoli - Dribbble

Save the images as png and import (not paste) them into the field to preserve transparency (if there is any).

Put single reps ([1], [2]) on top of each other and show/hide them depending on the state of whatever you're switching. I don't think you can recreate the animation, though, except maybe using a mini-panel and a(n un-)healthy amount of fiddling.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Go and iOS style switchers
            schamblee

This database was create to make webclip for ios.  It has a On / Off Switch.  The Switch is grouped, so you will have to ungroup to see the scripts that run.  It is a good example to learn from.

Dropbox - App Maker.fmp12

• 3. Re: FileMaker Go and iOS style switchers
              maximums

Thanks everybody for your valuable input. Interesting I found, was that when I really questioned the client why he wanted sliders, it was inappropriate use of them. He wanted his users to select yes/no, no being empty, to various options. The convention of sliders is more on/off rather than yes/no. After discussion he has agreed to a single checkbox per item to indicate selection. Much less trickery, much clearer to the user, and much easier to report!

It's still good to get the feedback for future reference. I was familiar with the example in AppMaker.fmp12 and was hoping their may be something simpler I could do.

Thanks again for the input.

Cheers

Linda