3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 8:36 PM by philmodjunk

Unable to delete a file

mcolquitt

When I attempt to delete a file I get this warning: "This operation cannot be performed because one or more of the relationships between these table are invalid". Any ideas? This solution is used daily and no relationship changes have been made.

• 1. Re: Unable to delete a file
          philmodjunk

delete a File? or do you mean delete a record from a table? Deleting a file from a container field maybe?

If so, go to manage | Database and check any relationships linking the record's table to other table occurrences. Also check fields that have calculated validation expressions in this record.

• 2. Re: Unable to delete a file
            mcolquitt

I’m sorry. I mean delete a record from a table. It’s odd that I see this suddenly. What specifically am I looking for with the relationships?

• 3. Re: Unable to delete a file
              philmodjunk

instead of checking relationships, check each calculated validation and auto-enter calculation  You may need to use a database design report as the calculation might not be active. My best guess is that you have a calc that refers to a TO that is no longer related to the table from which you are deleting a record 

1 of 1 people found this helpful