AnsweredAssumed Answered

Save and Insert PDF in Remote User record

Question asked by ezeitgeist on Dec 5, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 by philmodjunk

Goal:

Allow me to Create User-specific PDFs and Insert them into the User's PDF Container with a click of a button.

What I am working with:

There is a Table of "Connections" specific to each User, related by UserID.

There is a User Table serialized by UserID, as well.

I have already created a button where Users can request a PDF (labels) creation, which is logged in a Table ("Labels_Request") with Label_Request_IDs and submitted UserID; the active requests show up in a portal when LabelRequest_completed does NOT equal "1".

The labels are pulled from a Table of ALL Contacts. (Hierarchy: Users --> Connections --> Contacts)

"Labels by Contact" is a "Printer" layout

There is a layout that is based in the User Table that just has a single Interactive PDF Container.

Below is my script that I have running from a button within a portal row in the Label Queue layout in the Users Table that only I have access to.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 8.16.33 PM.png

I am getting errors all over the place when I try to run it.

What am I doing wrong? Should I somehow be using a Related Record command in there? I feel like I'm over-thinking this. I've been trying to figure it out for a couple of hours and I think I've reasoned myself into a super confusing place.

PS Why am I doing this? Because I am running WebDirect for my Users and I do not have the ability to setup a robot with my current setup.

Outcomes