What version of windows? And 32 or 64 bit?
15 is only listed as compatible with windows 7 SP1 and above.
Does your server have an SSL certificate installed?
Thank you for your response. All the systems are Windows7 SP1 or higher. They are a mix of 32/64-bit machines.
The server does not currently have an SSL as we thought it was not needed given we are not using web publishing or XML.
Thank you again.
Further testing has revealed that a port somewhere is being blocked. I have created Firewall rules to match what is listed in Configuring Windows and OS X firewalls for FileMaker Server (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15997/kw/filemaker%20server%20firewall) and Ports used by FileMaker Server (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14402) but that does not seem to be working.
Any other suggestions?
I’ve run into port 5003 being blocked by someone’s ISP. Ports being blocked can be on either the server side or the client side.
Is there any way the client side can switch network connections? EG if they’re on a laptop try and have them try to open it from a local coffee shop or if you have a portable wifi device try that.
Sorry for the delay...The server is internal only. We have now created a new OU for testing and blocked all Security Policy from inheritance. The test machine and server both have the Windows Firewall turned off but I still get Connection Failed.
I am at a loss as to what the issue can be. I have a fresh re-image on my test box, have it in an OU that is blocking Security Policy inheritance, and have the Windows Firewall turned off. But still get "Connection Failed" on any Windows 7 box.
I have run Wireshark to monitor what is happening. It appears that at launch MDNS is the first to query looking for _fmpro-rcfmp12._tcp.local which I believe is the Bonjour piece. It them queries LDAP, gets 1 result, and then attempts Kerberos authentication. I get an pre-authentication error but it tries again (from what I have found this is normal). I eventually see that Kerberos authent is successful and returns the search request with 1 result but then LDAP resets the connection.
Thank you all for your help, it appears that our issue was encryption related. Although our encryption app (DDPE v8+) decrypts/encrypts on the fly, apparently FileMaker Pro did not like it's PEM files encrypted.
We added an exception and now it is working.
Once again, thank you all!