Markus Schneider

FMGo dramatically slows down

Discussion created by Markus Schneider on Dec 8, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 by Markus Schneider

FMGo15, current version

iPad Pro 9.7"

iOS 9.3

This machine is a 'workhorse'. Since we got problems with a few iOS/FMGo users after updating to iOS10, I have to wait...

- I added a slide element with 4 slides to an existing FMGo solution, basically to add a to-do list

- afterwards, showing custom dialogues took 3-5 seconds, before not remarable

- the custom dialogues are not new, the just show a list of a few elements, doesn't matter what they do. It slows down dramatically

I was afraid that the solution might have any damages, but I never was able to reproduce on OSX

In memory of the problems with early V14, I tried all the scripts/tricks we did at that time - and one of the 'patch scripts' as effective!

-> It does nothing but a layout change to another TO and back to the original TO

-> after this script was running, the solution was very crispy, even better than before adding the slide element

I added that layout-change to the first (main..) slide element (going from slide to slide is scripted) and the problem was gone

I realized then, that the Go solution became slower after some actions, might be longer work in this solution or after a while of sleeping (iOS device..). After running that 'layout-change' script, it will be crispy again

So: Is FMGo eating memory up? Does that layout-change kind of a garbage collection?

I' treating this behavior as a bug - but I don't know if it's Apple or FM dependent...

Outcomes