This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Some brief notes from today's meeting...
- Even if you don't need a calendar solution, the demo was well worth the watch just to go "Wow!"
- Nice looking calendars, drag-and-drop features.
- A lot of "How are they doing that in a FileMaker solution?"
- Not just robust for a FileMaker calendar—looks very robust for any kind of calendar.
- Variable timeline views are not just day, week, or month, but can even span multiple years.
- Block times.
- Uses Open URL internally for several program executions.
- Lots of customizable settings. You wouldn't believe the details you can customize.
- Also WebDirect.
- Smartphone version
- Standalone version, work with MirrorSync.
- Integration to your solution demo (while talking)—
Start time: 8:09... drum roll... Finish Time 8:19 —Total time: 10 minutes.
Five-minute version: Five Minute Integration (server-powered) – soSIMPLE Software/Paradise Partners
- Uses Monkeybread plugin (not required).
- Use custom PHP scripts on server.
- Can Subscribe to Google Calendar.
- Price?: Buy soSIMPLE Calendar for FileMaker – soSIMPLE Software/Paradise Partners
My questions (with answers):
- How do you make that highly interactive calendar interface in a FileMaker window?:
- All features work on Mac and Windows?: and iOS. YES.
- Custom maps of buildings and rooms?: Not yet, but Ken wrote down the idea. SoSimple also does custom development for special requests like this.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Thanks for the great writeup, Eric.
Here's a video of the presentation. The actual hands-on stuff starts at about 6:20.