pruppert

Needing some guidance on styled Excel export optoins.

Discussion created by pruppert on Dec 10, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 by Johan Hedman

Hello FileMaker Wizards. I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'd like to export a subsummary report to a similarly styled Excel file. For reference, here are pictures of 1) the original subsummary report in FileMaker, 2) what FileMaker's native Excel export produces from this report (not what I want), and 3) a custom example of how I would like the export to look (more styled, has subsummary part dividers, and custom header names).

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 5.58.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 5.59.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 5.58.24 PM.png

In reviewing possible methods for how to achieve this styled export, I've learned of the following techniques (I may be missing some. Please let me know if I'm leaving any out or if any of this aren't applicable):

1. XML with XSLT

2. Virtual List Technique

3. ExecuteSQL script

I imagine one of these is better suited to my needs, but I don't know enough about any of these to know which one would be best for me to use for this purpose. I'm at the point now where I'm ready to learn about one of these options to use, but I am asking for your guidance on which to pursue and learn more about so I don't waste time on a dead end learning about a technique that won't work for me. Let me know if needing any more info. Thanks so much for any assistance!

Outcomes