2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 12:41 PM by philmodjunk

Copying records exported as pdf to container fields

mickthemix

I output from various fields to a folder on the users desktop. I have ironed out all the problems in this and now have four neat, controlled and repeatable PDFs in my desktop folder.

I now need to merge these four PDFs into a single pdf. I have sourced a plugin that seems to reliably merge PDFs within filemaker but to make it work I need to return the exported files to fields within my filemaker solution. I thought this would be reasonably simple but it appears not to be! Anybody got any ideas?

• 1. Re: Copying records exported as pdf to container fields
          erolst

Hi Mick -

assuming that you know Insert PDF, what is the the exact nature of your issue? "File not found" is caused by a missing "image:" prefix in an otherwise valid file path.

If you do not know that step, it may be what you need.

Failing all that, please provide a problem description that is more detailed than

mickthemix wrote:

I thought this would be reasonably simple but it appears not to be!

EDIT: Another thought just occurred to me: if you control the creation of these PFDs, why not merge them directly, ie without re-import and use of a plugin?

• 2. Re: Copying records exported as pdf to container fields
            philmodjunk

The save as PDF script step has an append option so you can create a single PDF file from several Save as PDF script steps. The main limitation is that each appended PDF will start a new page in the PDF.