AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to make a layout to setup dates for a report

Question asked by joelaw on Dec 12, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 by OCDilla

I have been stuck for a couple weeks trying to find a way to make a layout where I can set a to and from date to search and make a report.

I am trying to make a system for a Church that is using  Quickbooks.  I would like to keep it working the same way as they use now but cannot find a way to make it work.

When you go to reports a window opens with some fields like "Dates", "To", and "From".  Each of these field can be modified with a drop-down calendar to choose dates.  I have a lookup in the Dates field that inserts the correct dates for things like, Today, First Fiscal Quarter, etc. and that is working BUT, I cannot choose "custom" and modify the To or From fields so that other dates can be searched.  I have tried global fields and regular fields but they are not editable on screen.

I cannot find any examples that show this being done.  I must be able to modify the To and From dates so the correct records can be listed or printed.  Sometimes the entry is a couple days after Sunday and I need data for the previous Sunday so that reports are correct.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this? Examples?

Joe

Outcomes