Debugger painfully slow with Data Viewer open

Discussion created by soulicious on Dec 16, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 by soulicious

Product and version: FMP Adv 15.02

OS and version: Win 10

Browser and version: n/a

Hardware: Intel i7, 16GB RAM, SSD

Description:

I just today "graduated" to FM 15 after being stuck in FM 11 for years and my first experience was a painfully slow debugger.  What was almost instant in FM 11 takes at least a minute or more in FM 15 when the debug and data view window are open at the same time.

How to replicate:

I am trying to write about 65 variable values to fields, and simply having the debug window and data viewer window open at the same time grinds to a halt.  It seems like the whole app is just stuck, but if I wait long enough it finishes.  Pressing F6 to step through feels like each step takes about 5-10 seconds by itself.  Closing the data viewer helps dramatically, but it is still waaaaay slower than FM 11.

Workaround: closing the data viewer helps, but is not really a workaround since most of the time I need it open in order to actually monitor the script steps.

Thanks in advance for any help.  After doing some research, it seems that this issue may go all the way back to FM 12.  Very disappointing first day experience with FM 15.

Outcomes