3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2016 10:29 AM by beverly

cwp xml output format

pfroelicher

Hi,

I have a MRP solution in a manufacturing company.

For some departments I would like to show some static content and I managed with xml publishing to pull records from our database, find a subset and even sort them (following the FMS15_CWP_guide).

http://SOMESERVER.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=clientes_vendas&-lay=php_pc_list&-sortfield.1=EMPRESAS::c_nom…

But now.. my webpage only displays first the data, in a line of text, and when the page stops parsing it shows: "this xml file does not appear to have a style info.. etc).

Sooo?? How do I style this text, to make the output readable?

For example I need a page where the guy receiving department can pull the purchase_orders as a found set, have them sorted by company and by invoice (its the purchase_invoice_items) and see it all on a beautiful page sorted hierarchically by company/pc_order.

How do I make this happen?

I understand a bit of CSS, a bit of XML and a bit of Filemaker.. but somehow.. .could not figure this one out.

Yours

Pierre

• 1. Re: cwp xml output format
          beverly

Hello, Pierre. The XML output is raw xml and has no formatting as you have found, when displayed in a browser. Typically it gets processed by a web app that can read the xml and display as HTML (with or without CSS). You can also EXPORT XML and apply an XSLT to transform to a text, html or other xml format.

Perhaps you need to use the same logic to find, sort and report (on a layout) what you have gotten with CWP calls? Or is the real need to have someone (without FMP, without connection to FMS) to see a web page of your data?  Can it be exported as Excel or as PDF that can be seen, instead?

A little more thought, please?

beverly

• 2. Re: cwp xml output format
            pfroelicher

Beverly,

Yes the real need is.. My page should be parseable by a normal browser, so that employees can consult these pages statically with their Android, our iPad or just any browser.

txs

Pierre

• 3. Re: cwp xml output format
              beverly

OK, then I suggest taking the CWP to php or other web app and process the query result (converting to HTML that can be viewed in any browser).

But it depends on your web server setup. Go back to the CWP guide and study chapter 6 (p. 59)

beverly