3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 11:05 AM by philmodjunk

Filemaker 14 Advanced unusable on 4K laptop

AlPhuket

I am trying to use Filemaker 14 Advanced on my Asus ROG 4K laptop, but no matter what screen resolution I choose, the solution I started to develop at home on my desktop comes up with patches of the display blanked out.  I am offshore, away from my desktop and unable to use Filemaker because of this.  I have had minor issues with some other apps (small icons etc), but nothing like this - any suggestions?

On top of that, I tried to buy a Filemaker 15 license at the 2 for 1 deal, so I could install it on my company's work computer, and the Filemaker site refuses to sell me a license, claiming I've already bought one and am not eligible.... very frustrating.

• 1. Re: Filemaker 14 Advanced unusable on 4K laptop
          philmodjunk

How are you setting the screen resolution? With the Windows display dialog (apologies if I am assuming the wrong OS as I don't recognize the names you are using here). There's a known issue with FileMaker and display settings other than 100%. Zoom settings on the FileMaker windows are not part of this issue so I am confirming that you've set the OS level resolution and not the FileMaker zoom.

Quite a few versions ago, FileMaker had issues with certain graphics accelerator cards. If this factor has returned to being an issue and you can modify such setting on your computer, you might be able to get successful results by adjusting those settings.

On top of that, I tried to buy a Filemaker 15 license at the 2 for 1 deal, so I could install it on my company's work computer, and the Filemaker site refuses to sell me a license, claiming I've already bought one and am not eligible.... very frustrating.

If you are trying this from overseas, it may not be a practical option, but if from the US, I'd try calling in and complaining to a live sales rep. They might be able to help you out where we fellow users don't have any means for helping you out via this forum.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 14 Advanced unusable on 4K laptop
            AlPhuket

Hi,  I've been setting the display resolution from the Windows 10 right click on the desktop -> graphics options -> Display resolution, and also from the NVidia GTX960M control panel.  Apologies for the complaint about the sales - am very frustrated and need to make some changes to a solution I made for a friend.

• 3. Re: Filemaker 14 Advanced unusable on 4K laptop
              philmodjunk

Hey no offense taken, just offering my best guess as how to get help with that purchasing issue. Your issue sounds like it can be considered an "Install Issue" so you might call FIleMaker Support directly. They aren't supposed to charge for Installation problems.