AnsweredAssumed Answered

OnFirstWindowOpen Script Trigger and CWP PHP Scripts

Question asked by fmdataweb on Dec 19, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 by Mike_Mitchell

It was my understanding that all FileMaker clients always triggered the OnFirstWindowOpen script trigger when accessing a FileMaker file, but from some testing today it appears that when you call a script from a PHP page using the FileMaker PHP API it doesn't perform the OnFirstWindowOpen script for the file as part of the process of performing the script.

I've added some logging to my OnFirstWindowOpen script and nothing happens when the PHP page is processed and performs a script using the newPerformScriptCommand method. The specified script is run but the OnFirstWindowOpen script isn't performed.

This isn't necessarily a problem but in my case it's bypassing some setup of global variables that happen when the file is opened - I can easily recreate those in the main script that is being called but first wanted to get some confirmation that PHP scripts called using the newPerformScriptCommand method do not trigger the OnFirstWindowOpen script that is setup in the File menu > File Options? (and presumably also dont' trigger the OnLastWindowClose script trigger).

Outcomes