7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 1:57 PM by goutam

Filemaker webdirect - Session close

goutam

Is there a script function that in Filemaker 15 that I can use to close the current session in FileMaker Webdirect or Filemaker Pro (Atleast in Webdirect).

I have used Close File, Close Window, Exit Application. None of these options seem to close the web session. Is there any other option?

• 1. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
          planteg

Hi goutam,

you can use Close Window. From the Help:

Closing the last window of a file closes the file and halts execution of the current script. In FileMaker WebDirect, closing the last window logs out the current web session.

You may as well use Exit Application. From Help File:

The Exit Application script step does the following in other FileMaker clients [Not FMP ou FMPA:

In FileMaker WebDirect, logs out the current web session and returns you to the FileMaker WebDirect Launch Center.

You say none of these options seems to close the Web Session. Do you say this because FMS still shows the connection(s) as still running ? If so did you try to refresh the window ?

• 2. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
            goutam

I did not check them in the FMS but I could say it because I was staying in the same layout and was able to modify the records.

Refreshing the web page in the browser closed the session irrespective of running the script line Exit Application.

• 3. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
              planteg

I did not check them in the FMS but I could say it because I was staying in the same layout and was able to modify the records.

Hum, for example Close File is not supported with Web Direct, thus nothing happens when it's used. But if Exit Application leave you in the same Window, then that's certainly not the expected behavior.

• 4. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
                TSPigeon

goutam:

Thank you for your post!

I have used Close File, Close Window, Exit Application. None of these options seem to close the web session.

Close Window or Exit Application should work. FileMaker Pro and WebDirect seem to disconnect immediately per Admin Console. WebDirect WILL return you to the WebDirect Launch Center if that's what you are referring to as part of the "session".

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
                  goutam

TSPigeon planteg

This video shows the script line being used for a button and its behavior in the web browser.

• 6. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
                    TSPigeon

goutam:

This video shows the expected behavior. As planteg mentioned above:

The Exit Application script step does the following in other FileMaker clients [Not FMP ou FMPA:

In FileMaker WebDirect, logs out the current web session and returns you to the FileMaker WebDirect Launch Center.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Filemaker webdirect - Session close
                      goutam

TSPigeon planteg

Yes, it takes to the FileMaker launch center but "logging out of the current session" must ask the login credentials for the new user.

Or how do we make Webdirect by properly terminating the session and asking the user (same or other user to login again)