4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 9:52 AM by somebody

Filemaker 15.0.2.220 Pro Advanced "Exit after last" portal row infinite loop bug

somebody

Product and version (FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.220)

OS and version: macOS Sierra 10.12.2 Beta (16C41b)

Hardware: Mac Mini Late 2014

Description:

I have a SYSTEMS table linked to a COMPONENTS table, connected by a system ID. There is a portal on the systems layout that lists each system's components. The portal is allowed to create and delete records from components, but not from systems.

There is a script that adds/removes components, and when it does so, it also updates a text field in the SYSTEMS table that's just a list of the components, separated by newlines. It does this by:

1. Resetting the field to blank

2. Looping through each portal row and appending its ID to the field

3. Exiting after the last row

In Filemaker 14, this works just fine. In my current version, the "Exit after last" doesn't work and instead it goes back to the beginning of the loop and becomes an infinite loop. I don't know if this affects versions prior to 15.0.2.220. It does happen with regular Filemaker 15 Pro, not just Advanced.

The highlighted blue line with the Exit Loop If is my workaround, and that's fine for now, but I believe this is a bug.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 2.08.04 PM.jpg

Workaround (if any):

Instead of using "Exit after last", add an "Exit Loop If" row that tests to see if the current row is blank. If so, exit.