8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 1:22 PM by ninja

simple client management software

armiento

Can really use your advice.

Current condition: I have an old DOS client management system that doesn't function on my iMac  OS X 10.7.5

I need desperately to get a copy of Filemaker that will function ( think its version 13) yet most no longer support selling such a dated version .

OR

a suggestion regarding the purchase of any other user friendly software that allows me simply to enter client info /progress notes, etc.  I have a very small psychotherapy practice and do not need to bill insurance providers! So the simpler the better!

I would greatly appreciate any guidance you might be able to offer asap since i'm already living on borrowed time.

Happy Holidays

Mark

• 1. Re: simple client management software
          TSPigeon

armiento:

Thank you for your post!

There are some situations where you can downgrade from FileMaker Pro 15 to FileMaker Pro 13. Operating System Compatibility may qualify, if you want to contact support for further information.

As far as additional suggestions, I'm going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space to the Discussions Space where others might find your post easier and offer further advice.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: simple client management software
            armiento

Thank you so much

That is very considerate of you    

Best

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: simple client management software
              philmodjunk

You do realize that FileMaker is a tool for creating your own database base solutions? It isn't intended to be "off the shelf" software that you simply download at start using to manage clients?

So you'll need a copy of the desired version of FileMaker and then you'll need to acquire or create a solution designed with that application before you can start using it to manage clients...

• 4. Re: simple client management software
                siplus

armiento wrote:

OR

a suggestion regarding the purchase of any other user friendly software that allows me simply to enter client info /progress notes, etc. I have a very small psychotherapy practice and do not need to bill insurance providers! So the simpler the better!

I would greatly appreciate any guidance you might be able to offer asap since i'm already living on borrowed time.

Happy Holidays

Mark

Numbers (spreadsheet) - Wikipedia

• 5. Re: simple client management software
                  armiento

Once again appreciate it ..

Any chance anyone is aware of any " off the shelve" software ?

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

• 6. Re: simple client management software
                    philmodjunk

You might describe what you want to do with the software in more detail. "client management" is pretty vague. And Client Resource Management" (CRM) software is something that has been done many times over in FileMaker and via other software so you really have a lot of possibilities both with and without FileMaker.

• 7. Re: simple client management software
                      armiento

Currently have a small counseling practice ..

Need to enter simple client data : name, address, phone diagnosis etc.

Place for narrative summaries ..

Contact dates / modality ( Ind/ couple/ family etc)

My Practice doesn't accept third party Billing so no need to track billing info ..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated    

Sent from my iPhone

• 8. Re: simple client management software
                        ninja

I'm one of the last to talk you out of FMP.  I think it will make your day to day life simple and highly recommend it.

Options as I see them (based on very little data).

Fastest:

XL for billing, Word for notes.

Best, with speed:

FMP and hire a developer to build you what you need.

Best, a bit longer, but much cheaper:

FMP, do it yourself starting with some of the online tutorials and FMP Training Series and help from this forum.

I would start with the time billing starter solution and add the note taking part onto it.

In your place I would start today with "Fastest" in XL and Word, and build "Best & Cheap" in FMP over the next few months then import the XL data into my FMP database once it's ready.

The data in Word I would simply copy and paste into FMP (Note that FMP won't handle most of the formatting you might do in Word...use carriage returns and not much else.)

HTH