5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2016 12:53 PM by TSGal

right click isn't working

CurtisHowe

Im using Filemaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2.220

early 2015 macbook pro

I can't use my trackpad to right click on objects in layouts anymore. It works fine on other things on my computer and works on the layouts when not in layout mode where I can edit them.

• 1. Re: right click isn't working
          TSGal

CurtisHowe:

Thank you for your post.

From your description, it sounds like you were able to right-click on objects at one time.  True?  If so, what has changed?

Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?  If so, temporarily turn them off and try again.

Are any other applications open?  Exit all applications and launch only FileMaker Pro.  Does this work?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: right click isn't working
            CurtisHowe

It seems to be on layout objects, layout parts, text boxes that right click on a trackpad doesn’t work. Only when editing the layout too.

It works on images.

Thanks,

Curtis Howe

• 3. Re: right click isn't working
              TSGal

CurtisHowe:

From your initial description, it sounds like you were able to right-click the objects at some time.  True?  If so, what has changed?

Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?  If so, temporarily turn them off and try again.

What other applications do you have open?  Try rebooting your machine, launch FileMaker Pro, create a new file, and see if you are able to right-click the objects.

Try creating a new Mac user account, login to the new account, go into System Preferences -> Trackpad -> Point & Click tab and be sure Secondary click is enabled.  Then, launch FileMaker Pro, open a new or existing file and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: right click isn't working
                CurtisHowe

All I have done is update macOS. Ive checked my system preferences for the trackpad as well as have rebooted the computer.

Thanks,

Curtis Howe

• 5. Re: right click isn't working
                  TSGal

CurtisHowe:

Thank you for your answers.

What other applications do you have open?

Does this issue only occur with a specific file?  Create a new file and see if you are able to right-click the layout objects.

Try creating a new Mac user account, login to the new account, go into System Preferences -> Trackpad -> Point & Click tab and be sure Secondary click is enabled.  Then, launch FileMaker Pro, open a new or existing file and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.