This is a severe bug on all Retina Macs (El Capitan & Sierra)
Filemaker 15 gets extremely slow when you have a layout with fields w/ vertical scrollbars and 4 side autosizing enabled.
- Have a Mac with a Retina display (like a MBP Retina)
- Have Sierra or El Capitan on your Mac installed
- Have latest FileMaker / Advanced 184.108.40.206 installed
- Have only one window (no Script Editor open!)
- Have a layout with one field with vertical scrollbars enabled
- Click Inspector Inspector button in the layout bar, then click Position. In the Autosizing area, select all 4 anchor lines.
- Put text into the field, so that it needs a lot of scrolling
You will notice:
- The click into that field needs much longer than expected until it is active
- Scrolling is very sluggish
- Selecting text is very sluggish
- Input is very sluggish
Then open the same FM DB on a Non-Retina Mac (w/ Sierra or El Capitan): Everything is fast as usual. So this is definately a Retina problem.
I added a FMP file to demonstrate.