AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I use an external authentication server and also allow users to change their passwords?

Question asked by user24799 on Jan 1, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2017 by Rick Colcock

We are running FileMaker Server 14 on a Mac Mini which is running OS X 10.9.5. I want to use the Mac (or another server on our network such as a Synology Network Drive Server) to authenticate users.

Question 1: Can I use a Synology server to authenticate a FileMaker user? If so, where do I enter the address/port so FileMaker knows where find the Synology?

Question 2: If I set up users/groups on the same Mac Mini that is running our FileMaker server, how can I allow users to change their password if they forget it if the user does not have physical access to the server? With our Synology server the user simply logs into the Synology web interface and clicks the "I forgot my password" option and a temporary password is emailed to them. I don't see anything like this on the Mac.

We are willing to update the server to FileMaker 15 and also update the Mac hardware to a newer version of the OS if it will allow us to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Outcomes